Wednesday, June 9, 2010
Our first baby...
Here we go again! As most of you know, Derek & I have always gone above and beyond what a normal (sane) human would do for their dog when it comes to their health. Most people have a limit on what they will spend in vet bills and how far they will go trying to save their life. Well not us... for some reason we have no limits. I am guessing this is because she was truly our first baby we had together and for almost 6 years she was our one and only child and have 100% of our attention. Our life revolved around our dog and I couldn't imagine when I got pregnant with Addison that I would ever love her more than my dog (of course I did instantly!). Now that we have two kids, she moved from #1 on our list to #3 however when she gets sick, which she does often, we can't imagine life without her and do whatever we can to save her. Just in the last 3 years alone, we have dealt with so many issues - when Addison was born, she tore her ACL and had to have immediate surgery on her leg which was a difficult task to run her back and forth to the vet with a 3 week old and having to care for her after surgery but we did it. Then last year she developed some random liver disease which took months to heal, then one month later she ate a poisonous bird which almost killed her and I can't even remember what else went wrong in 2009. Then right before Reagan was born, she developed the liver issue again and last week ate a washcloth and for the first time in the 8 1/2 years she has been eating everything in our house (from socks to couches), something finally got stuck in her stomach. After getting deathly ill on us (again) we got her to the vet on Monday and once again, he saved her life. We love our vet!! However he did tell his intern that Kita gets the most complicated issues to figure out that he has ever seen. :-) So as of today our first baby is back to normal and healthy again. Addison was so happy she was home yesterday after being gone for 2 days that she couldn't stop loving on her. As you can tell in this picture, Kita just wanted to be left alone...

