Thursday, August 6, 2009

We just returned from a 4 day trip to Northern California and I am happy to report that for the first time ever… Addison didn’t get sick while we traveled!! Addison and I flew up on Wednesday night and I was one paranoid momma! I brought (and used) antibacterial wipes, hand sanitizer, Clorox wipes and lil’ noses to fight off any cold germs that might have been in the air. The lady next to me must have thought I was a germophobe. Sadly this trip was last minute because the man I called grandpa my whole life (both of my grandfathers passed away before I was old enough to know or remember them), Lonnie Graham passed away unexpectedly. He was such a wonderful man and such a big part of my life growing up. Even after we moved, he came out to my high school graduation, stayed with Derek & I when we got a house in Scottsdale and came to our wedding. Addison has met him twice (one in Jan 08 and then again in Mar 09) which brings a smile to my face though I am sad she will never have her picture taken with my Santa Claus at Christmastime with his Santa suit on.

She did have an absolute blast on the trip and enjoyed hanging out in the town I grew up in. Last time we went in March, there was snow everywhere so this time we were able to take her to the park, the lake, to Round Table Pizza (yum yum my favorite!), Big Trees State Park and to spend time with some of my friends kids. She loved hanging out with Abigail (they held hands the minute they saw each other at the airport… so sweet!) and Paxton, Taylor and Makenzie. She was also VERY surprised when Grams and Papa were at our cabin on Friday morning when she woke up (lots of squeals and screams). The drive home was a 14 hour car ride and she did fantastic (luckily she slept 7 hours while we drove at night), thank goodness!

In 14 days, our little toddler will be turning 2. When you ask her how old she is going to be she is happy to tell you “two!” and she has been practicing the Happy Birthday song. She has been learning so much lately and just making us laugh most of the day (except of course when the terrible twos rear their ugly head!).









Addison and Papa in front of a big tree that fell over many years ago!






Papa, Addi and Grams walking through Big Trees State Park