Bye bye Bottles. I’m not sure who this is harder on me. Reagan or myself. I cried as I threw them in the garbage last night. She cries when she falls asleep and I don’t give her a bottle. It has always been her comfort item. Even when she was 2 months old, she would see her bottle and start kicking her legs and get so excited. She loves it. It’s like a pacifier to most kids. She needs it to fall asleep – she holds it in one hand and her pillow pet in the other. I realize she is 18 months old but this is my last baby and if she still wanted her bottle, then I wanted to give it to her. I tried to take it away before with no luck and this time we just went cold turkey. She hasn’t drank milk since. It’s been 6 days of her boycotting milk. She has been drinking juice and water out of sippy cup since 5 months old. She refuses to drink her milk out of it though. I even give it to her in the crib but she gives me a dirty look and falls asleep without even taking a sip.
I wonder if she will ever drink milk again??
 |
| Before they were thrown in the garbage. Yes I really did take a picture. I should have taken one of me crying instead :-) |