Thursday, August 11, 2011

SCHOOL STARTED!


Was today the first day of pre-k or was it Christmas? This past week at our house you wouldn’t have been able to tell the difference. Addison has been so excited to go back to school that it’s all she’s talked about. She has been acting so different and very wild like kids do before Christmas. I think the excitement of school and her upcoming birthday is just too much for her. This morning she woke up and I said “today is school” and she had completely forgotten! She said “What? Today? I have to go tell Daddy. Yay!”. Then the smiling began. The only time she didn’t smile was when I told her I wanted to take a picture of her with the backpack…  she posed instead. Derek & I took her to school, she got in line with the kids and the smiling continued. They all walked into class and Addi was still standing there smiling  - we had to tell her to go into the classroom. I, of course, was crying! This was a big deal. This is a real school. It isn’t just her preschool like last year, this is most likely going to be her grammar school too (so maybe I won't cry next year taking her to school? I can dream!). This girl loves school and is glad to be back. 

Smiling SO big before class. Why is no one else smiling???
We talked to my mom before school and she asked Addison what she was wearing and Addison responded with "my cool clothes". Ummmm okay. :-)
Check out that Princess Backpack!