Friday, August 5, 2011
Hard Boiled Eggs
Hard-boiling eggs. This is a simple task for probably ALL of you out there but for me, I have serious issues with boiling eggs so I just don’t do it. So when out of the blue the other night Derek asked if I would hard boil some eggs for him to eat this week, I immediately started bitching and moaning. Then I did as I always do and googled how to boil eggs (read about 4 sites all giving me different instructions) & called my mom to get her way of doing it and I got myself a game plan. I put the eggs in the water, turned the stove on high and walked out of the room. Within 2 seconds of walking out of the kitchen, I completely forgot about the eggs. I started a workout video that Addison & I could do together (she loves them much more than I do!) and a few minutes into it, Reagan had a meltdown (in our house that means “it’s bedtime”) so I put her PJ’s on, got her some milk and put her into bed. As I walked back into the kitchen, lord knows how many minutes later, I saw the boiling water and yelled “OH NO!”. I immediately took them off the burner, let them sit a couple minutes and ran cold water over one of them to test it out and would you believe it… they were PERFECT!!!! How did that happen??


