Sunday, February 27, 2011

9 months in & 9 months out

I keep going around the house saying “9 months in and 9 months out” and I can tell it drives Derek crazy :-) but for a mommy, 9 months is a big deal (at least for this mommy it is!). For 9 months I carried around a baby inside me and worried about every little thing that happened and now she has been out in this big world for 9 months and doing amazing! I thank God everyday for this little girl. I said this when she was just born but she is the calm in our crazy chaotic house. The dog can be barking and Addison yelling about something and we look over at Reagan and she will just give us the biggest smile and it’s like a switch and suddenly we can tune out all the other noise and just smile right back at her. She squeals when she sees us and I swear she can say hi. She can also say Wow and Whoa about things and “dada” is thrown into her gibber-gabbering too. She is a lot like her daddy in a lot of ways, she even sleeps on her side like he does which is the funniest thing when I go in to check on her… it just looks so uncomfortable to me. She is such a happy baby and makes our life easy… I was worried adding in a second kid would be a huge adjustment and it wasn’t because she just goes with the flow (for now – things could easily change once she is walking & talking!). I am madly in love with this little girl and I feel like no one in the world is luckier than me to have these two wonderful kids!

Here is our big 9 month old getting into EVERYTHING now!


In our kitchen drawers


In my purse

In Lily's (the dogs) bed reading the paper