Monday, September 27, 2010

She CAN smile!


Getting Addison to smile the past 3 years of her life for a picture has been such a battle. Until she turned 2, if we got a picture of her smiling it was only because she happened to be laughing at that exact moment and didn’t realize I was taking a photo. She would not pose for a photo for anything and even when I tried to take her to get her picture taken professionally we would have to walk out because she wouldn’t cooperate. So here we are now… 3 years old and I took her to try to get some professional photos figuring that she might cooperate more this time if I bribed her with going to Jamba Juice afterwards. We went in and the battle, once again, began. She wouldn’t smile and she wouldn’t go stand/sit where they asked her too and as I was about to walk out – an employee came along with a stuffed Bambi doll and started beating himself up with it. IT WORKED! She started laughing hysterically at this guy and as long as Bambi was in sight, she smiled! Thank goodness for Bambi! Here are a few of our first real photos since she was 1 years old and we did a family shoot together…