Addison loves the rain. She enjoys watching it thru the windows of the house, she enjoys running out in it and splashing in the puddles after it’s done raining but she HATES the rain when we are in the car. She also hates when it’s a beautiful sunny day and I decide to wash the windshields with the wiper fluid as we are driving down the road. I don’t know what to do about this or how to handle it. I have tried everything you can think of. Last year I thought it was the wipers that scared her which I think don’t help but it’s definitely the rain. As you can see by the picture I took yesterday from my cell phone, she always closes her eyes real tight, covers them up or (thanks to Bes) puts her blanket over her head the whole car ride. Even telling her that it has stopped raining doesn’t work – she won’t look at all. And if she knows we are getting in the car when it’s raining – she will cry and fight getting into the car seat. It’s such a battle! What would we do if we lived in Seattle where it rained all the time????Monday, December 14, 2009
Rain rain go away, come again another day!
Addison loves the rain. She enjoys watching it thru the windows of the house, she enjoys running out in it and splashing in the puddles after it’s done raining but she HATES the rain when we are in the car. She also hates when it’s a beautiful sunny day and I decide to wash the windshields with the wiper fluid as we are driving down the road. I don’t know what to do about this or how to handle it. I have tried everything you can think of. Last year I thought it was the wipers that scared her which I think don’t help but it’s definitely the rain. As you can see by the picture I took yesterday from my cell phone, she always closes her eyes real tight, covers them up or (thanks to Bes) puts her blanket over her head the whole car ride. Even telling her that it has stopped raining doesn’t work – she won’t look at all. And if she knows we are getting in the car when it’s raining – she will cry and fight getting into the car seat. It’s such a battle! What would we do if we lived in Seattle where it rained all the time????

