Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Nonnie

My last grandparent, my Nonnie, passed away in March. She was a wonderful, classy, lady that I will miss dearly! We got a call that it might be coming so my mom, Addison and I jumped in the car a few weeks ago and headed up to Northern CA to see her and say our goodbyes. It was a lot of driving (12 hours one way) but the trip was totally worth it. It was great seeing her and being there with her. We got home and she passed away the next weekend. So we loaded back up (this time all of us went) to attend the funeral service. I have to admit, my kids are great travelers! I wasn't sure what to expect with Reagan being in the car that long but she did amazing. The rest of the trip was fun seeing family & friends, yet exhausting. The funeral service was wonderful and somehow, someway, my mom was able to get up and sing my Nonnie's favorite gospel song at the service. My Nonnie played the piano/organ at church for many years and had an awesome talent of hearing a song and then being able to play it without any music. I believe she is up in heaven playing that organ for the angels now.