Sunday, July 24, 2011

This too shall pass


Is there such thing as the “Terrible Ones”? Reagan is 14 months old today and I just can’t believe how our baby girl did such a 180 with her personality. She has become feisty, wants things her way, gets into everything, thinks the toilet is a playground, stands on every chair in our house, screams when she is mad about something, hits her sister when she gets upset at her and is just trying to take complete control of the house (and I think she might be succeeding!). This too shall pass is what I keep reminding myself.

She is still for the most part, the sweet little girl we know & love. She wakes up some nights to get some milk (she’s a big girl… she needs to eat!) and I have just been handing her a bottle and going back to bed however some nights she refuses the bottle and holds up her arms so I will just pick her up and cuddle. I love it. When we are around people, she always lays her head on my shoulder when she is trying to pretend she is shy (which she isn’t) and she is the best hugger & open mouthed little kisser ever and will give you millions if you let her (eventually you get tired of being slimed).

She is a girly girl and loves to carry around a purse on her shoulder. If a purse isn’t available and she can find them in the dirty clothes, Addison’s underwear also work wonderful as a pretend purse (ewwwwww!). She loves her baby dolls too and appears to be a good mommy until she throws them head first onto the floor. At her Bes' house she is obsessed with carrying around the dogs leash with a stuffed dog on the end of it (if the stuffed dog isn’t on there, she works very hard to get the real dog on it… poor Lily).

No matter how feisty she gets, I still love this little girl with all my heart. She was a wonderful addition to this family & keeps us laughing every day!

The guilty look... she is climbing on another chair

The girl LOVES to color!