Monday, June 20, 2011

Fathers Day

Sadly I didn't take any pictures on Fathers Day! I had big plans to but things never work out around here like planned! Oh well. We had a wonderful Fathers day though. In the morning we purchased a small dining room table for our new kitchen (have I ever posted before and after pictures of the kitchen? I think I forgot!) & did some shopping for daddy. That afternoon Addison & Daddy went over to Ben's house and Addi got to spend time with her cousins and Daddy got to spend time with his cousins :-) Addison showed off her amazing swimming skills and learned how (thanks Makenzie!) to do a cannonball off the diving board, which she did about 15 times and thank goodness I was not there because I am afraid I might have had a heart attack watching her. We finished off the day with a family dinner to celebrate Fathers Day with Derek and my dad.

Derek was SO proud of Addison on Sunday and her swimming abilities... I think all in all that's what Fathers Day is all about right? Enjoying, loving & being proud of you children? He sure does love his girls.

Happy Fathers Day Derek! We love you and think you are a wonderful daddy!
Happy Fathers Day to Poppi & Papa also!!


(The picture is of a form Addison filled out for Derek. She somehow makes these all about her and the places we take her. Gotta love that daddy is 20 hundred pounds though and his favorite food is Lucky Charms... hee hee!).