Thursday, January 1, 2009

Ringing in 2009!

Well we made it through another year! Welcome 2009! I can’t believe how fast time flies now that we have a little one in our life. I am still trying to keep her a baby and people (especially Derek) keep saying “she isn’t a baby anymore!!”. Now that it’s 2009, my New Years Resolution will be to try and not call her “Baby Addi” all the time :-)

She had a busy week and got to see 5 of her friends! Monday we spent the morning with her friends Danica and Sean. She had a blast playing and sharing with them (they all shared their juice… it was very sweet!) and loved Danica’s new playroom and her awesome table that she could sit at. I have been working 4 days a week again (I am so grateful to my company for allowing me all of this time off the past 16 months) so hopefully we will be seeing them a lot more now.




(Picture: Sean, Addi and Danica!)






Last night (New Years Eve) Addison got to hang out with Mikayla, Jonah and Brandon. We rang in the New York New Year at 10 pm so that everyone could get home early (life changes with a toddler!). The kids did great and I am shocked to say that they stayed up and celebrated with us until 10 pm (well all except Addi who crashed and burned a little after 9 pm)! Brandon (and his mom) spent the night with us and Addison was thrilled to see him come running out of the guest room this morning and thought the party was still continuing...

(Picture: Addi and Brandon playing in our new wagon, New Years Morning -still in their PJ's)

We are very excited to see what the new year brings us and we want to wish all of you a very happy 2009!!